Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bells & Whistles Shirt Sewing Workshop Pattern


Here is a fun shirt sewn up using a Sewing Workshop pattern and the sewing techniques outlined in my latest article for Vogue pattern magazine. I used a 100% cotton blue and white striped shirting fabric, red buttons and added hand made red bar tacks. I lengthened the pattern by 2". The floating band can be buttoned in various positions or left hanging. Visit the Creativ festival at the International Centre in Toronto this coming weekend April 24, 25 & 26. I will be showing this shirt and others during my Shirt Details lecture.
The Academy of fine Sewing & Design is now selling Sewing Workshop patterns. To order this pattern contact kathryn@finesewing.com

4 comments:

Ann Made Studio said...

Beautiful shirt. I love the red details. I wish I could be at the Creativ Festival. Have Fun.

gwensews said...

This is a great shirt! Terrific!

a little sewing said...

I just found your blog via Stitchers Guild (online discussion forum for sewing). I recognize your names, of course, and now I get to see your creations more often. Truly delicious treats!

KatieLynne said...

Absolutely gorgeous work Kathryn, I love your version of this shirt. It has such wonderful lines and your work plays it beautifully. I'm inspired.