Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Koos van den Akker V1213

























I finished Koos' new coat pattern Vogue 1213 for my recent visit to New York City. The coat was a big hit, receiving compliments everywhere I wore it!





This was a very fun project to plan and put together. I shopped for most of the fabrics in my stash. I used a black fabric with wool boucle plaid, a grey boiled wool which had black lace fused to it, a black and blue menswear houndstooth, a flocked denim from France purchased from www.emmaonesock.com and a wool purchased from www.sawyerbrook.com that I was able to
use on both sides. One side was bright royal blue and the other was a grey boucle. I used this fabric for the two fronts. The Italian buttons were purchased from www.britexfabrics.com The planning was as much fun as the sewing!



I did hand picked topstitching on all edges. To add warmth, I used a flannel backed Kasha satin lining. I added a full lining to the sleeves and a piece of chamois to the back to cut the wind.

Koos approved! Here is a photo of us in his NY studio. Koos is one of the most creative people I know. He will be returning to The Academy of fine Sewing & Design to teach a 5 day workshop in September 2011. Visit http://finesewing.com/workshops.html for more information.






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your coat is delightful. I have Koo's pattern also but haven't found the right combination of fabrics from my stash yet. Oh well...I guess I'll just go out and buy more fabric!! ;)

Ann Made Studio said...

What a beautiful jacket.

Linda Teufel said...

Nice job! I have some fabric that is gray and blue also to make one/need to collect more.
Linda Teufel